Day 6 - Love Is Not Irritable
Today's Verse: "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. -Proverbs 16:32
Today's Message: I work too much. She works too much. Even when we aren't working, we are working. Everybody works too much. It's not just you, us..or even 'them'. Its everybody.
That's why we get irritable. We simply are not built to work every moment of every day. We have to get some separation from the everyday thing called the rat race.
If you don't get something to recharge your battery, then you're battery is going to wear down and not work anymore. That battery may be for your hobby, your family, or your spouse.
Bottom line on this is that you need to spend some time doing something other than work, and it needs to be something that will take your mind completely out of the work arena. Something you can enjoy and have memories about for a long time.
The relax time is spent in front of the TV, when it should be spent out doors doing something that we both like. We all work too much.
- Where do you need to add margin to your life?
- Less work time after 5PM
- Stop working on the weekend, except on personal project involving the kids
- More time with her at work.. She suggested that I sit with her at the store while she closes up
- When have you recently overreacted?
- While we were discussing check balances, payments etc.
- What was your real motivation behind it?
- I thought I had made more progress than I had when it came to the cash flow. I had to face the real issue which was, I needed to continue to work on the billing stuff.
Today's Dare:Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.
- Did you make a list and begin working on those areas?
- Yes I have
- Did you let go anything that may be motivating you in a negative manner?
- Not yet, but I am going to work on it.
I always do my best to have a clear conscience towards God and men. -Acts 24:16